Saturday 14 July 2012

Postcrossing: Vilnius, Lithuania

I've sent my first Postcrossing postcard, to Minsk!
And received my first one too, from Vilnius, in Lithuania.

I hadn't heard of Vilnius before, to my shame, and one of the reasons (perhaps the most obvious one?) I'm so in love with the Postcrossing idea is that gives me a chance to luxuriate in learning about new places.
So every time I receive one, I'm going to post a bit about it here!

Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania. Here's the wiki and I even found a youtube video!

My postcard has a beautiful picture of Saint Johnnes' Church, bathed in beautiful sunlight.  The church is situated on the University campus, apparently.  I so love the colour of the stone!  I love old stone buildings.  And would so love to spend a day wandering around there!






No comments: